The SRS flat roof repair kit is designed to provide an immediate and easy to apply waterproofing solution for damaged or punctured flat roof membranes.
The kit sufficient for 3-4 sqm coverage contains 6 Kg of Desmopol a one component polyurethane, cold applied, moisture curing liquid, which provides a continuous elastic, fully adhered and waterproof membrane. The polyurethane is used in conjunction with a fibreglass reinforcement fabric. A fast curing polyurethane mastic used for filling and plugging of holes or splits, application rollers, gloves, a stirrer, and instructions.
- Fill any splits or holes with the fast curing Pu mastic and smooth level with the surface, allow mastic to tack/cure (10-20 minutes).
- Cut the fibreglass matting to the required size allowing 50mm beyond the edge of the area being repaired, any overlaps in the matting should also be 50mm.
- Open the Desmopol and thoroughly stir if bubbles are present allow to settle for a few minutes before use.
- Apply a generous base coat of Desmopol to the surface.
- Embed the fibreglass fabric into the base coat then without adding further product to the roller, dry roll over the matting and consolidate it with the coating.
- Immediately follow with a second coat of Desmopol on a “wet on wet” basis ensuring that the mat is fully saturated and there are no pin hole’s present.